The 8 Documents You Need at the Beginning of a Business Venture
Taking the Right Steps to Protect Yourself at the Startup of a Business
When you’ve decided to start a new business, the sheer number of issues you need to address can be overwhelming. There may be none more important, though, than making certain you have all the necessary legal documents in place. You want an experienced attorney to help you take the right steps to protect your investment.
At MCIS Law, PLLC, with offices in Stafford, Texas, we provide full service legal representation to businesses and business owners across the greater Houston area and throughout southeast Texas. We built our practice on a commitment to personal attention—we strive to be available and accessible whenever you have questions, and we’ll always return your calls and e-mails in a timely manner. We pay close attention to the costs of legal counsel, always working to provide cost-effective and affordable solutions. Our offices have sophisticated video-conferencing and other tools, so that we can handle most matters electronically. We can typically address most of your concerns without an office visit.
For a private consultation, contact us online or call 346-297-0121 for an appointment.
Experienced Business Counsel for Startup Enterprises
We will carefully walk you through all the necessary steps to set up a new business:
- We’ll gather information about your business, as well as your goals, so that we can help you choose the best legal form
- We’ll help you put all the right documents in place to fully protect your business and your investment, including:
- Non-disclosure agreements to protect proprietary information
- Intellectual property (IP) assignments or agreements to secure patents, copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets
- Ownership documents, to clarify allocation of assets
- By-laws to establish rights and responsibilities for corporations
- Operating agreements to establish rights and responsibilities for limited liability companies
- Employment agreements, when necessary or appropriate
- Releases or waivers of liability
- Shareholder agreements
Contact MCIS Law for Experienced Business Representation
At MCIS Law, PLLC, in Stafford, we aggressively advocate for businesses and individuals in southeast Texas. For a confidential consultation with an experienced and knowledgeable lawyer, email us or call our office at 346-297-0121. We accept all major credit cards.